Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Quilt Rambles

Sorry, I got really busy yesterday and never got around to posting.

I decided to do a little fooling around and quilt up a linen dresser scarf. I knew I wanted to do something using a square because of the tatted (?) edging. So I cut of a cardboard template and made a diamond. Then surrounded that with a circle, to late surround in feathers.
I think my diamond is a little off, but hopefully that will just add to the charm.
I then quilted quarter inch lines inside the diamond.
And then I quilted circles. Aren't these fun!
It's not your imagination, I did use a darker thread. I didn't want this to totally hide. I wanted it to show when I put it on my buffet. I also wanted it to match my dishes, with the lines and circles.

Yesterday I meet up with Gail. I brought my red and yellow toile, feathered star to work on. I spent most of the afternoon stitching in the ditch. This can take forever, but it's totally worth the time. I hoping to get this done and put in our quilt show the October.
It's not too big, but I'm going to take my time with it. I'm also going to try to get feathers anywhere I can. Most of it won't show because of the toile, but I'll know they're there.

Off to start my day!
Take care, Brandie

3 comments:

Linda said...

I love that the diamonds aren't perfect. I definitely believe it adds to the quilt. The circles are great with the straight lines in the diamonds. Beautiful!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Wow, that's amazing quilting. Love the little circles.

Anita said...

It's lovely. Do we get a final picture of it on your buffet with the matching dishes? :)